Don’t keep it a secret this year…
Show your love for a Small Business, by buying your Valentine gifts from them.
At Brilliant Together
we provide help and support to small businesses so that they can grow and succeed their dreams, and you can help as well. Did you know that “For every £1 spent with a small business, 63p is re-spent locally – compared to 40p in every £1 spent with a big chain”? (source FSB
). That means, every time you help one small business, they then go on to help others.
So, with Valentine’s just around the corner, why not show your love for them, by buying your gifts, cards and flowers from independent retailers?
Show your love this year, support small business.
Shopping online is great; but don’t forget your local high street too. Have a look in some of the gorgeous independent gift shops and florists, for fabulous cards, gifts and bouquets. For a romantic home-cooked dinner, visit your local butchers for great quality meat; or independent off-license for advise on beautiful wine. If you’re off out for dinner, go to an independent restaurant, rather than visiting a chain.
To give you some Valentine inspiration; here is just a small selection of beautiful things you can buy from different independent retailers.
Lilac Butterfly Studio
– Beautiful hand-lettered cards and gifts with a little added personality. Designed to send the perfect Valentine message. Lilac Butterfly’s website is going live soon, but in the mean time you can shop on Etsy
and follow them on Facebook
Helena Tyce Designs
Cards with a little added personality
– Reinventing classics to keep traditions alive for the modern consumer, Helena’s mix of hand drawn illustration, painting, words and prints has a richness all of it’s own. Connecting the old with the new to create unique artworks that find a place in people’s hearts. Follow them on Facebook
– For alternative Valentine Cards, have a look at Mean Mail, beautiful cards, brutal words!
House of BlueBelle
– Handcrafted and delightful collections of luxurious Home, Bath and Body products. Follow them on Facebook
The Dadmin Store –
A great range gifts for your favouite Dad this Valentines or for any occasion.
Oh My, Michelle
– A selection of beautiful Vegan gifts and treats, from beard remedies to biodegradable body glitter, and delicious chocolates to share!
Homebaked Gift Company –
Earn yourself some ‘brownie’ points this Valentine’s Day, by treating that someone special to gift boxed luxury brownies! These artisan treats are baked using the finest ingredients – a sumptuous indulgence to share. Beautifully boxed, with a personalised gift message; they make the perfect gesture for this romantic day.
Show your love with these delicious chocolate brownies
is the Warwickshire home of hand crafted artisan chocolate. Their team of ‘chocolate fairies’ make fabulously tasty products with the best fresh, local ingredients. Follow them on Facebook
Centre Piece Cakes By Kerry
– Cupcake bouquets make a great and delicious Valentine’s gift. Follow them on Facebook
A beautiful bouquet of cupcakes
Show your Valentine just how yummy you think they are, with Tam’s delicious cupcakes.
Everyone’s favourite at Valentine’s, but don’t get your flowers from the garage or the supermarket, support your local independent florist, for the freshest, most beautiful blooms. The British Florist Association
have a great tool online to help you find a florists near you.
KJ Floral Creations
Get your Valentine’s flowers from your local florist; not the garage or the supermarket!
has a great offer on Valentine flowers; as well as traditional flowers they have roses that last 1 to 2 years!
Stems of London –
Beautiful Valentine’s bouquets are just the thing to treat that special person in your life. Simple, classic and made with love.
Something Extra Special
Olive Green Home
– Get ready for a cosy night in on Valentine’s, get snuggled with a rug over your favourite chair, or soft and sensuous in front of the fire! It’s Valentine’s… Get Cosy!
Lisa at ‘Not Just Travel’ i
s your personal travel consultant. She can help you with romantic breaks away (both here or overseas) as well as theatre tickets and days out. So if you’re looking to drive a sports car, or have a relaxing day at a spa, give Lisa a call and she can create you the perfect Valentine’s treat.
Some Left-field Ideas
Kim Morgan: Coaching Cards for Couples –
A great ‘alternative’ Valentine’s Day gift, designed to help all couples improve their communication and celebrate what is great about their relationship. Using these cards is a fun, instant way to strengthen your bond whether you have been together for months or decades.
– For a crafty bunch, how about this for something different. Nina’s Chalk have a range of kits to provide everything your loved one would need to create some lovely arty projects.
– Do you want to get something for your little ones – how about these beautiful tops from Driftndream. Follow them on Facebook
Pink SEO Marketing
It’s not the typical Valentine’s gift, but some partners are not “typical” at all! So, Pink SEO have created a special discount for a website SEO report; using the Valentine’s code: VA50
. The code is valid until 14th
Feb and gives you 50% of Pink SEO Marketing’s products, visit their website for details.
There are many, many more fabulous small businesses out there, these were just a handful to show you, to give you some ideas.
Show your love this Valentine; support small business.
Happy Valentine’s. We hope you have a Brilliant one Together.